Whether you want to play for fun or for your future career, our Monsters of Rock Summer School is the place to be in August 2012. We offer five days of music making with our exceptional tutors, packed with workshops and activities to challenge and inspire all. You should be prepared to work hard and play hard in order to take your music to the next level, and get the most out of our course.
Students do not need any formal musical qualifications to join us. We only ask that you are familiar with your instrument, have been playing for at least a year, and have knowledge of the basics.
Students will be in small classes with specialist tutors. There will be time throughout the week to develop your technical skills as well as your performance skills. There will be lots of performance opportunities throughout the week, including jam sessions, band rehearsals, and a show at the end of the week for your friends and family, which is the highlight of a hard, fun packed week.
Our aim is for you to: Improve your technique and musicianship, Develop your performance skills, Network with other local musicians, and if you want to, learn to write and perform songs.
Some of our offered workshops are:
- Building powerful rhythm parts and constructing effective solos
- Exploring power chords, open position chords and other ‘clever’ chord voicings
- Focusing lead guitar technique on pentatonic tricks and blues scale lick
- Improving improvisation and vibrato
- Special interest classes, such as alternate picking and hybrid pentatonics
- Recognising song structure, forms, and key changes
- Introduction to fusion
- Guitar effects
The course will run from Monday 13th August 2012 until Friday 17th August 2012, 10:00 until 16:00 each day. All students are fully supervised from arrival until they leave each day.
The week costs £150.00, but you can also make a deposit of £50.00, the balance of which must be paid by the 1st of July 2012.
Sussex Rocks is located at:
Willingdon Community School
Lower Willingdon Nr. Eastbourne
- A 10 minute walk from Polegate Station
- Easily accessible by Car, Bus and Train from all surrounding areas
Please visit http://www.sussexrocks.org.uk/ for more information